Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Another Optimistic Perspective

 Hello to all you Food Optimists! I'd like to introduce myself and let you all know a little bit about myself as I have the genuine delight of guest blogging for the food optimist. I am Chelsea Hunter of The Naked Fig, a site where I share my recipes and adventures in healthy cooking. I am currently studying to become certified in holistic nutrition and have transformed my own health by embracing whole natural foods and slow cooking.
Changing my relationship with food has taught me gratitude and patience, and helped me lose weight, manage depression, gallstones, and migraines.   

 If you ask me, the language of health and nutrition can be very negative: Don't eat this, restrict that, never mix those, use will power...You know what I'm talking about.  It can make the very idea of getting healthy feel like a futile uphill battle.  That is what I love about The Food Optimist.  It's all in the name.  Think positive and stay optimistic.  Instead of getting bogged down in the negatives, think of the wonderful changes that come from healthful balanced eating.  Being healthy doesn't have to mean deprivation.  In fact, to me, it means the opposite.  My diet is plentiful and varied.  I hope to inspire you to see that healthy eating is a practice of adding and expanding rather than cutting back.  The joy and pleasure of eating well is what I hope to bring as my vision of "food optimism", a reminder that healthy eating is simple, fun, and intuitive.  Our bodies are programmed to tell us what we need if we will only listen.  

You can look forward to a mix of raw and cooked healthy meals and desserts from The Naked Fig, and feel free to contact me with any questions.  I can't wait to get to know you all! 

Here is a little teaser of the kind of foods I make: A Raw Vanilla Rosewater Tart + Edible Flowers + Bee Pollen



No comments:

Post a Comment