Friday, July 26, 2013

A Step Away

  It is said, that a journey of a 1000 miles begins with a first step.  Today I was able to take my true first step in my infinite journey.  For the first time in my adult life, I had the opportunity to get a complete lab work up at the doctor's office.  I had been wanting for a some time to get to the core of what was stopping me from achieving my goals--such as losing weight, feeling tired, irregular cycles, etc.  I knew that my eating habits played a large part of what was holding me back; and I've made strides to change my diet and purge my body of the junk and processed foods of this country's "typical" intake.  But, I knew there had to be more to it.  I knew that in order to be truly effective and to see real, long-term changes, I had to have all the answers.

  So, last week I went to see my doctor and told them of my concerns.  I was completely honest.  Honesty is the only way real change can be ensured to come about.  You have to be willing to shed the lies you tell yourself, the doctors and others in order to seriously help yourself.  I had my blood drawn and tests run to evaluate everything from my cholesterol to hormones to sugar levels and all the important stuff in-between.  Today, I got those results back.  Overall, things turned out well.  I can't say if having made changed my diet some time back made a difference in the numbers, because I didn't have an initial baseline before making changes.  However, I'm scheduled three months out to do a re-draw.  I'll be making more changes to my diet and of course exercises before the re-draw, so it will be interesting to see what greater changes take place between now and then.

  I'm moving forward. I'm starting my journey.  My path is clearer now and I'm looking forward to my stroll and where it leads me.  I have my 5k approaching in just a couple of weeks and I consider the completion of that 5k part of this journey.  As I said last time, I will continue to keep you all in the loop of my progress.  My ups and downs make me real and human. It means I'm living, not just existing. I hope those of you reading my posts feel the same way about yourselves.

 Much Love,

 Marissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment