Tuesday, July 16, 2013

5k Flush Out

  Okay...so, I'm walking...er...running...er...walk/running an upcoming 5k.  Ideally, I'd love to run it as I did my initial 5k, over three years ago.  However, my food choices lately, although so much better than they ever used to be, haven't been that great of late.  As I'm mentioned before, we're all human. And humans are far from perfect.  Now, I can either beat myself up for making crappy food choices knowing that I should be buckled down and focused on getting my butt conditioned for the race (which, by the way, is on Aug 3rd), OR...I can own up to my bad choices and, as I plan to do moving forward--as in tomorrow--is to refocus and start healing my body from recent abuses.

  On my agenda? For starters, I've got to flush my system of the processed junk I freely chose to put into my body.  Sugar, gluten, bad fats...plain old junk.  Now, I'm not a doctor or licensed nutritionist of the holistic or commercial kind.  Everyone has a system that is all their own, and I'm not prescribing anything for anyone. I just need to make that clear...but, I'm starting off with drinking one, 32 oz serving of apple cider vinegar water a day.  The apple cider vinegar is a great tool to start flushing the digestive system; and the water is just stellar for the body all the way around. I also plan on ramping up my veggies and my fruits, and eliminating meat/poultry and seafood.  For some time now, I've been predominantly vegetarian, borderline vegan, so eliminating the animal products isn't going to be that difficult for me.

  I have about three weeks left before the race.  I'm looking forward to seeing what my food changes have done for my performance and more-so for my overall health and well-being.  I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date on my progress or my mis-steps!  

  Much Love,
  Marisa!

1 comment: