Saturday, September 25, 2010

A new Breakfast Recipe!

I had an absolutely wonderful time this morning at the Peachtree Road Farmers Market... Beautiful weather, great vendors, and a sea of familiar smiling faces... One of the things I love at the market is meeting new foodies. Today I spent a little time chatting it up with Kevin Ouzts and his lovely wife from Spotted Trotter. He gifted me some fabulous Toulouse sausage with will some become a Sunday Cassoulet... Hmmmm... Just the anticipation makes me happy! Kevin also was cooking up some samples of a really nice rabbit sausage. Now, don't be scared... I know what your thinking... Rabbit??? Yes, rabbit... Having French roots myself I love eating them and will sing their praises from the rooftops if properly prepared. If you don't know how to prepare them then Kevin's sausage is a foolproof way to start. In fact, it had me thinking of a great breakfast idea. What do you say to a Rabbit Egg and Cheese Biscuit? Now hear me out! This sausage is fantastic! All it needs is a very petite Parmesan biscuit and a quail egg... I think you could even serve this at a party and people would eat it up and think it was a really fancy appetizer! Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment